Saturday, November 8, 2008

FOG Index


Sample writing.

It’s the refreshing aroma that overwhelms the senses and invigorates the mind and exudes a sense of euphoria.

The warmth of the cup on a cold winter day that gives a sense of comfort and joy, or a nice cold cup with beads of condensation that cools the hot summer day.

From the moment that the juicy beverage passes the lips, coats the tongue and lays to rest in the stomach.

As if the senses were working in complete synchronization to round out an amazing caffeinated beverage that along with tasting delicious, gives you an invigorating boost to get through the day.

More importantly for college students, because it has become prevalent and for the most part become a staple in the everyday lives of students, where they take caffeine in one form or another.

135

5

11

135/5=27

11/135=8%

27+11=38

38 x .4=15.2=FOG Index

WOW! I never really realized how much I use words that only can be comprehended by high school students.

Now more than ever I need to realize what I am writing, especially be completely aware of my audience.

I think we all do this unconsciously, we don’t realize what we’re doing until we get called out on it. Unfortunately, sometimes we find when its too late.

I will take the results of this and keep it in mind the next time I have a writing assignment to write.

No comments: